It doesn’t have to be all fun and games over the holidays. Here are some fun ways you can get your jobs done and involve the kids at the same time.
- Tidy the toys. Have a toy sort-through afternoon. They’ll probably get distracted, but at least they’ll find some toys they like to play with. This can be a tidy up or a clear out but can also be quite fun, discovering all the toys they forgot they had!
- Gardening club. Find some plant-identifying activities online and print them out. While you are there, do some weeding and gardening as a family.
- Baking club. How about a cooking session to prepare snacks for the week?
- Window cleaning. This can be more fun than you think. My kids love helping with cleaning windows, although they sometimes need a go-over!
- Car wash. Make an afternoon of water games with the kids and clean the car as a bonus.
- Tidy out and car boot sale. Spend some time together finding things to sell at a car boot sale and then book yourself in for one. Great fun to do for the whole family!
- Put on a fashion show. Look through your clothes and see which ones maybe don’t fit so well or you don’t want or need anymore, then put on a fashion show and decide which clothes you could donate to a charity shop or sell at a car boot or arrange a local clothes swap event with friends.